Location: Miami, Florida
Employment Type: Full-time
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting and political power of marginalized and excluded constituencies toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
The bookkeeper is responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the financial records (general ledger). This individual is responsible processing and recording of financial data. This includes, but is not limited to, record keeping of financial transactions, verification, and allocation/posting details of transaction from documents, such as invoices and receipts. Position must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential while maintaining good interpersonal and customer service skills. This position reports to Director of Finance & Operations
• Responsible for data entry into QuickBooks.
• Accounts payable- Preparing invoices and vendor payments.
• Resolution of invoice discrepancies.
• Respond to vendor inquires.
• Performs monthly bank reconciliations for NFM’s bank accounts and other corporate entities.
• Performs AMEX credit card review, reconciliation and collection of receipts.
• Processes cash disbursements and assists in cash management.
• Generate monthly reports per general position guidelines and request of management.
• Creation of new vendors and customers’ accounts in database; vendor file maintenance.
• Preparation of check requests for vendors and employee payments; printing of checks for signature.
• Preparation of bank deposits.
• General journals entries and reporting for different NFM corporate entities and partners, e.g., NFM, NFM Ed Fund, NFM Ed Fund Fiscal Sponsored Projects, NFM State PAC, NFM Federal PAC, and partner, Miami Worker’s Center.
• Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Applicant must share a commitment to the organization’s mission and have at a minimum two (2) years of relevant administrative and accounting experience.
• Knowledge and experience with QuickBooks Accounting software.
• Ability to analyze issues relative to Accounts Payable duties.
• Solid computer skills and ability to effectively produce report data.
• Takes initiative, coordinates projects effectively and is deadline-oriented in a quick turn-around environment.
• Takes direction well, but also able to work effectively as part of a team.
• Attention to detail, accuracy and high quality of work.
• Exceptional interpersonal and verbal communications skills to work in high paced environment with diverse teams of staff, members and partner organizations.
• Familiarity and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook programs.
• Associate Degree in Accounting or related field required.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, vacation, seniority raises and sabbatical for full-time employees.
To Apply: Email resume to email@example.com with Bookkeeper in the subject.