Location: Broward County, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting and political power of marginalized and excluded constituencies toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
NewFM is seeking an experienced Organizer who wants to build and strengthen NewFM’s base in marginalized communities in Broward county. The Organizer is responsible for implementing plans to engage constituents in NewFM activities, events, trainings and capacity building. The incumbent will assist in implementing the NewFM organizing model centered on the development of grassroots leaders. This position reports to the South Florida Lead Organizer.
- Organize and facilitate forums to recruit NewFM leaders, activists, members and volunteers.
- Organize and facilitate political education events and trainings.
- Coordinate with the communications department in developing messaging specific to the demographic and issues in Broward County.
- Identify and cultivate potential NewFM members.
- Build relationships with neighborhood- level grassroots partners.
- Supervise and coordinate member-led field teams.
- Identify leaders and move them to community actions.
Qualification & Experience:
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned organizer, a strategic campaign planner, and an experienced staff manager and a leader with grassroots, labor, and/or political organizing experience.
- Applicant must share a commitment to the organization’s mission and have at least 2 (two) years of experience in community organizing and training.
- Strong track record of winning concrete campaign victories, mobilizing large numbers of people into action and building community leadership.
- Self-motivated, ability to take initiative and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, according to goals of the organization.
- Ability to interact with and understanding of persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to problem solve with regional organizers to ensure effective organizing teams
- Ability to work well as part of a team and contribute to our diverse, community-based organization.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, vacation, seniority raises and sabbatical for full-time employees.
To Apply: Email resume to email@example.com with Broward County Organizer in the subject.
New Florida Majority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, marital status, race, age, creed, national origin or the presence of disabilities. False or misleading statements during an interview and/or on the application form are grounds for terminating the application process or, if discovered after employment, terminating employment. A felony conviction will not necessarily bar an applicant from employment.