Digital Media Manager
Location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting and political power of marginalized and excluded constituencies toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
The Digital Media Manager is responsible for the oversight of NewFM’s digital media efforts, including websites and platforms that include but are not limited to Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter. S/he/they is responsible for creating and curating shareable content to elevate NewFM’s issues in North and South FL. This position reports directly to the Communications Director.
- Work with the Communications Director to build digital organizing components both integrated into as well as independently operating from the organization’s wider advocacy and electoral campaign work.
- Manage NewFM’s digital communities (including EveryAction, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email, SMS, and other emerging spaces) with opportunities to deepen their volunteer experience through strategic campaigns and tactics.
- Identify and engage individual supporters within our digital base to deepen their involvement in our work as well as develop their own leadership and move them to more advanced volunteer opportunities both online and on the ground.
- Draft and develop digital content, including but not limited to targeted email or SMS alerts, activist surveys, campaign toolkits, script templates, volunteer FAQ guides, training materials, and more.
- Plan, develop, and implement comprehensive paid media strategies to increase the organization’s visibility and campaign awareness via paid Facebook and Google ads.
- Assist data team with executing textbanking and phonebanking campaigns through our peer-to-peer platforms, including setup, script and logic development, volunteer onboarding, and troubleshooting.
- Work with state and regional organizers to support digital organizing requests from group leaders, including targeted event recruitment and promotion.
- Track progress and share results with the wider team and stay abreast on learnings across the movement to help expand our capacity and improve our engagement over time based on proven best practices.
- Support on special projects that intersect with digital organizing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Applicant must share a commitment to the organization’s mission.
- Experience in political campaigns, unions or grassroots organizing for social justice issues is preferred.
- Clear passion for building powerful social movements through digital platforms and communications.
- Experience writing and editing copy for digital audiences across email, SMS, websites, and social media.
- Experience with digital tools/platforms related to volunteer management and engagement, such as NGP-VAN, EveryAction, Relay, Hustle, Slack, or social media management.
- Experience with Facebook and Google ads; proficiency in Google Analytics.
- Willingness to develop new skills, including in digital tools management, data analysis, email production, and other more technical proficiencies.
- Deadline and detail oriented.
- Exceptional interpersonal interpersonal skills.
- Ability to excel in a high paced environment with diverse teams of staff, members and partner organizations.
- Ability to relate to people of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Fluency in English is required, and capacity in Spanish or Creole is beneficial.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation; travel may be required throughout the state.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, vacation, seniority raises and sabbatical for full-time employees.
How to Apply: In addition to a résumé, please provide a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. References should be available upon request. Please put “Digital Media Manager” in the subject line of your email.
The New Florida Majority is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.