Electoral Field Director
Location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting and political power of marginalized and excluded constituencies toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
The Field Director’s primary role will be to coordinate regional and statewide field programs to win issue and electoral campaigns. S/he will build the volunteer and leader infrastructure of New Florida Majority and is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating field plans, development of staff, and the management of systems to set and meet goals. The Field Director will develop and execute strategies for mobilization of voters. S/he will be responsible for maintaining internal systems, supervising canvassers/organizers, and manage external campaign work of the organization. This position will report to the Political Director.
- Plan and execute electoral and field campaigns that meet or exceed NewFM campaign goals.
- Develop and implement plans for electoral and issue campaigns in collaboration with local leaders and allies.
- Develop civic engagement goals based on issue and data analysis and ensure fulfillment of measurable outcomes for staff performance.
- Drive plans and support field teams toward goal and outcome-based results. Supervise field staff and relationships with paid vendor.
- Develop compelling statewide and regional electoral and issue campaigns. Develop campaign plans that include field, communications, and voter mobilization. Plans must build power and membership strength. Support alliance building to sustain productive internal and external relationships and promote New Florida Majority’s mission.
- Strategic Communications. Provide input to NewFM communications department to produce strategic communications in support of campaign and field efforts.
- Provide weekly and monthly report on benchmarks.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A strong commitment to racial justice and demonstrated commitment to NewFM’s mission and values and desire for political change.
- Five or more years’ experience successfully running political campaigns and canvass operations to mobilize voters.
- Ability to plan and lead a large team of canvassers/organizers.
- Successful experience leading and managing diverse staffs and working with ethnically, economically, and culturally diverse populations
- Candidates must be able to work within a team, have proven leadership and supervisory skills
- Experience in building and maintaining multi-sector alliances preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of campaign databases including the Voter Activation Network and Microsoft Office.
- English fluency required, other language desirable (Spanish and/or Haitian Creole).
- Prior knowledge and experience working in Florida and selected regions is a plus.
- Familiarity with 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 non-profit management; familiarity with 527 organizations preferred.
- Fluency in English is required, and capacity in Spanish or Creole is beneficial.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation; travel is required throughout the state. This position is located in Miami and requires travel throughout the state several times a month.
How to Apply: In addition to a résumé, please provide a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. References should be available upon request. Please put “Electoral Field Director” in the subject line of your email.
The New Florida Majority is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.