North Florida Regional Communications Coordinator
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting power and political influence of marginalized and excluded communities toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida. We train residents to be leaders, mobilize communities around issues, and build our collective voting power so our democracy works for everyone.
Communications Coordinators are responsible for implementing NewFM’s integrated strategic communications and marketing program in North Florida (primarily around Jacksonville) and South Florida. This includes managing the organization’s digital presence through email blasts, social media campaigns, and the content platforms.
This position reports directly to the Communications Director.
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, vacation, seniority raises and sabbatical for full-time employees.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. References should be upon request.
Please put “North Florida Communications Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
The New Florida Majority is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Coordinate with the Communications Director and organizing team to help draft communications plans for specific programs.
- Develop and implement digital organizing campaigns around various issues affecting NewFM constituencies.
- Managing NewFM’s digital communications in the region including but not limited to email blasts to members and partners; social media postings (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram) and communications with reporters, producers and other media influencers.
- Drafting and revising organizational communications that include but are limited to press releases; media packets; letters to the editor and editorial materials; online communications (blog posts, action alerts); updates to the website.
- Help develop and maintain metrics that accurately measure the success of the communications program(s).
- Facilitating staff and community training on issues and communications tools.
Qualification, Experience and Requirements
- Applicant must share a commitment to the organization’s mission.
- An interest in discovering and developing innovative and creative solutions to move messages and inspire key audiences to act.
- 2-4 years of communications/public relations or marketing experience.
- Experience in political campaigns, unions or grassroots organizing for social justice issues is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to excel in a high paced environment with diverse teams of staff, members and partners.
- Ability to relate to people of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to learn and embody the “voice” of an organization or individual.
- Fluency in English is required, and capacity in Spanish or Creole is beneficial.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation; travel may be required throughout the state.