Location: Miami , Fl
Employment Type: Full Time; Independent contractors will be considered
Start Date:January 2, 2019
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting power and political influence of marginalized and excluded communities toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida. We train residents to be leaders, mobilize communities around issues, and build our collective voting power so our democracy works for everyone.
The Data Coordinator reports to the Data Director and will primarily assist with all data tasks utilizing the Voter Activation Network (VAN) and EveryAction in addition to other data projects as needed.
- Ensuring the solidity and consistency of the New Florida Majority’s organizing model and community organizing programs in diverse communities of North Florida.
- Guiding the development of staff members and volunteers’ abilities to be effective organizers and community leaders.
- Maintain automated weekly report using Google Sheets, Zapier and Google Data Studio;
- Provide technical support and training on EveryAction & VAN to support canvassing, volunteer mobilization and organizing activities;
- Develop both technical and end-user documentation for data processes;
- Provide data analysis and reports as needed;
- Develop improvements to new and existing technology tools and systems;
- Schedule and implement regular data hygiene processes;
- Manage texting programs including Relay, Hustle and Revere;
- Manage integrations between EveryAction, Revere and other tools using Zapier.
- Coordinate various programs and projects in active NewFM communities/neighborhoods to recruit and mobilize our base.
- Work with community members and partner organizations in setting goals and planning community campaigns.
- Ensure implementation of quantitative objectives in membership recruitment and development. Track and support multiple programs and trouble shoot.
- Lead program evaluation and development of new programs/campaigns.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with partner organizations, allied groups, community leaders, and public officials.
- Represent NewFM in forums, public meetings, and community coalitions by working with the communications staff to develop coherent community relations and building community visibility.
- Minimum three years’ experience working for advocacy groups, or political campaigns;
- Advanced VAN management experience;
- Experience with NGP or EveryAction database management;
- Experience providing technical assistance or working on technical projects in a community organization, or political campaign;
- Expert experience using Excel and Google sheets including VLOOKUP or index match;
- Experience managing Revere, Hustle and/or Relay texting programs;
- Must work well with a team and work with diverse groups of people;
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple responsibilities in a face paced work environment;
- Must have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Must have the ability to rapidly learn new technologies, apps and programs.
- Ability to write SQL queries;
- Experience with Google Data Studio;
- Experience with WordPress;
- Experience coding websites with knowledge of HTML/CSS;
- Experience with Zapier;
- Experience with Regex.
Salary range $45,000 – $55,000 depending on experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, vacation, seniority raises and sabbatical for full-time employees.
Send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with Data Coordinator in the subject line.
The New Florida Majority is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.