Location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting power and political influence of marginalized and excluded communities toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
Fundraising uses a range of tactics including individual donor management, proposal writing, online appeals, direct mail campaigns, membership drives, special projects, high-profile or small events, staff-led initiatives and other means to retain and grow the existing donor base and attract new donors, to support the mission of The New Florida Majority.
The Development Manager is responsible for the research, review, and editing of organizational proposals for funding from private donors and foundations. They will manage funder information and be responsible for data reporting and input. The Development Manager will curate online appeals and email blasts, or other specific projects/campaigns as directed by the Director of Development. They will also be responsible for coordinating organizational fundraising events and cultivating relationships with individual donors (to include membership) and volunteers. This position reports to the Director of Development.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to funders and donors.
- Work with finance department, program directors and managers to gather information necessary to report to funders on grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation and individual donors.
- Provide stewardship to current donors, including work with Development Director to provide regular written updates to foundation and individual donors.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Work with Director of Communications to provide development input for public-facing organizational materials.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Individual must share a commitment to the organization’s mission
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals swiftly; strong editing skills
- Time-management and personal organization skills essential to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact, work cooperatively with and understand persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively with teams with diverse learning styles and personalities,
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team.
- Experience working in deadline-driven and rapid-response environments, with sound decision-making skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising and/or electoral fundraising preferred.
- Experience and comfort with project-management software preferred.
- Organizing experience an advantage
- Volunteer management experience an advantage
- Position will require the ability to travel locally and work occasional evenings and weekends.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, vacation, seniority raises and sabbatical for full-time employees.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Development Manager in the subject line.