Location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting and political power of marginalized and excluded constituencies toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
The Digital Media Specialist is responsible for assisting the Digital Media Manager with executing daily tasks associated with the oversight of NewFM’s digital media efforts, including websites and platforms that include but are not limited to Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter. S/he/they is responsible for creating and curating shareable content to elevate NewFM’s issues in Florida.
- Assist with writing and creating well-sourced digital content to engage individual supporters within our digital base to deepen their involvement in our work as well as develop their own leadership and move them to more advanced volunteer opportunities both online and on the ground.
- Help draft and develop targeted email or SMS alerts, activist surveys, campaign toolkits, script templates, volunteer FAQ guides, training materials and more.
- Assist with executing textbanking and phonebanking campaigns through our peer-to-peer platforms, including setup, script and logic development, volunteer onboarding, and troubleshooting.
- Support in developing and implementing comprehensive paid media strategies to increase the organization’s visibility and campaign awareness via paid social media and Google ads.
- Play an active role in the development and iteration of the campaign’s digital strategy through experimentation, data-driven insights, and strategic escalations.
- Spearhead website maintenance, including writing and editing content, designing webpage layout, determining technical requirements, updating websites, creating back up files, and solving code problems.
- Assist with social influencer programs and attending social influencer events.
- Support digital organizing requests from group leaders, including targeted event recruitment and promotion.
- Regular monitoring of and posting on NewFM’s social media platforms including responding to queries in a timely manner.
- Support special projects that intersect with digital organizing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least two years of social media management experience.
- Applicant must share a commitment to the organization’s values.
- Experience in political campaigns, unions or grassroots organizing for social justice issues is preferred.
- Clear passion for building powerful social movements through digital platforms and communications.
- Experience writing and editing copy for digital audiences across email, SMS, websites, and social media.
- Experience with digital tools/platforms related to volunteer management and engagement, such as NGP-VAN, EveryAction, Relay, Hustle or Slack.
- Experience with Facebook and Google ads; proficiency in Google Analytics.
- Willingness to develop new skills, including in digital tools management, data analysis, email production, and other more technical proficiencies.
- Deadline and detail oriented with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to excel in a high paced environment with diverse teams of staff, members, and partner organizations.
- Ability to relate to people of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Fluency in English is required, and capacity in Spanish or Kreyol is beneficial.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation; travel may be required throughout the state.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, vacation, seniority raises and sabbatical for full-time employees.
To Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Digital Media Specialist in the subject.