Location: Miami, Florida
Employment Type: Full-time, Temporary
The New Florida Majority is an independent, political organization working to increase the voting and political power of marginalized and excluded constituencies toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
Fundraising uses a range of tactics including individual donor management, proposal writing, online appeals, direct mail campaigns, membership drives, special projects, high-profile or small events, staff-led initiatives and other means to retain and grow the existing donor base and attract new donors, to support the mission of The New Florida Majority.
The Engagement Specialist is responsible for creating, sharing, and updating donor and funder communications for the cultivation and stewardship of prospective and current supporters. They will lead the process of collecting information from across the organization to package and present appropriately to our various constituents regarding development opportunities and impact. The Engagement Specialist will curate online appeals and email blasts, update the website and donation landing pages, and design and craft other specific projects/campaigns materials as directed by the Development Director. They will also be responsible for coordinating organizational presentations and fundraising events to engage various constituencies. This position reports to the Development Director.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, publish, and manage funder and donor communications for the development department
- Work inter- and intra-departmentally with directors and managers to gather and package information to report to funders, donors, and prospects on programs, priorities, and impact
- Assist with grant reporting requirements as required by foundations and individual donors including thank-yous
- Steward current supporters, including work with Development Director to provide regular written and verbal presentations to foundation and individual donors
- Maintain development webpages with updated information and presentation, including creating robust landing pages for new fundraising initiatives and campaigns
- Work with Communications Director and team to provide development input for public-facing organizational materials
Qualifications and Experience:
- Individual must share a commitment to the organization’s mission
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals swiftly; strong editing and design skills
- Time-management and personal organization skills essential to meet deadlines with detail-orientation
- Ability to interact, work cooperatively with and understand persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds
- Ability to work effectively with teams with diverse learning styles and personalities,
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as collaboratively with in a team
- Experience working in deadline-driven and rapid-response environments, with sound decision-making skills
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Demonstrated creative, storytelling, and analytical skills
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising and/or electoral fundraising preferred
- Experience and comfort with project-management software preferred
- Organizing experience an advantage
- Volunteer management experience an advantage
- Position may require the ability to travel locally and work occasional evenings and weekends (we are working remotely through the pandemic)
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, vacation, seniority raises and sabbatical for full-time employees.
To Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Engagement Specialist in the subject.