Location: Miami, Florida
Employment Type: Full-time, Temporary
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting and political power of marginalized and excluded constituencies toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
The Field Manager is responsible for facilitating execution of the overall electoral field operations plan including overseeing day-to-day paid canvass efforts and managing electoral organizing staff throughout the 2020 election cycle. The Field Manager will report to the Electoral Field Director and will regularly interface with coordinating departments within NewFM as well as support coordination with partner organizations. The ideal candidate understands electoral campaigns, has field operations leadership experience, has a solid grasp of the roles and methods of distributed, digital and relational organizing and has a creative approach to grassroots civic engagement.
- Implement strategies and apply systems to build a sustainable infrastructure designed to conduct paid and volunteer direct voter contact within targeted counties across Florida.
- Manage paid canvass operations, paid outreach efforts and interface with vendors, as applicable.
- Execute civic engagement plans and monitor progress towards measurable outcomes for participation at phone banks, text banks, door-to-door and crowd canvasses as well as at other voter-turnout/voter engagement activities.
- Ensure that volunteer organizing teams are working in accordance with the campaign’s strategy and field plans.
- Document and monitor the progress towards programmatic goals and objectives.
- Support the Communications to develop messaging and secure necessary materials for campaigns and field programs.
- Utilize VAN and MiniVAN to cut turf, create lists, pull canvass results, as well as set up and monitor virtual phone banking and Predictive Dialer efforts.
- Work with Data Team to establish and administer
- Facilitate partner meetings including setting an agenda, leading the team through the meeting, and ensuring follow-up and execution of action items.
- Contribute to development of overall campaign strategy and strategic decision making.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Two or more cycles of electoral field management and/or canvass operations management with experience establishing and managing Distributed Organizing and Digital Organizing efforts.
- Computer skills: advanced user level/intermediate administrative level of experience within NGP Voter Activation Network (VAN), word processing, spreadsheet, and multimedia presentation software.
- Demonstrated ability to execute campaign goals and objectives, to work effectively with local allies and leaders and carry out required objectives.
- Successful experience leading and managing diverse teams and working with ethnically and culturally diverse populations and will have intellectual drive, a progressive outlook to effectively conduct campaigns.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, motivational skills, work ethic, and desire for political change are essential.
- Background and commitment to social justice work and demonstrate a strong personal commitment to NewFM’s mission and values.
- Preferred English/Spanish bilingual, other languages desirable.
- Prior knowledge and experience working in Florida and selected regions is a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance and vacation time.
To Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Field Director in the subject.
New Florida Majority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, marital status, race, age, creed, national origin or the presence of disabilities. False or misleading statements during an interview and/or on the application form are grounds for terminating the application process or, if discovered after employment, terminating employment. A felony conviction will not necessarily bar an applicant from employment.