Location: Miami, Florida
Employment Type: Full-Time
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting and political power of marginalized and excluded constituencies toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
The Human Resources and Payroll Specialist is responsible for New Florida Majority’s human resources & payroll processes and providing administrative support to NewFM staff. The HR/Payroll Specialist is responsible for assisting with administrative duties; including payroll, recruiting, and records. This position reports to the Human Resources Manager.
• Process and allocate weekly and biweekly payroll; ensuring proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, and any other deductions or compensation.
• Assists employees with Payroll and HR concerns; including compensation, benefits management, policies & procedures, and onboarding.
• Enters, maintains, and/or processes information into ADP HRIS system; including information such as employee’s hourly rates, salaries, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
• Maintains personnel files and ensures records are accurate and updated, while demonstrating utmost sensitivity and confidentiality.
• Assists with recruiting of open positions; including maintaining job boards, interviews and scheduling, and communications between hiring manager and candidates.
• Act as a liaison between employees and Professional Employer Organization.
• Performs related work as required and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
• The ideal candidate is a highly organized and detail oriented with a high level of training and expertise in office procedures, clerical duties and interpersonal skills.
• Individual must share a commitment to the organization’s mission; advanced education and at least two (2) years of payroll and HR-related experience is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Outlook Calendar, Excel and Microsoft Office; other miscellaneous data bases as required.
• Previous experience with ADP TotalSource is preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of federal and state employment laws, forms and legal documents
• Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines.
• Self-motivated, ability to take initiative and ability to manage multiple projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to prepare effective correspondence with regards to routine matters.
• Ability to maintain the utmost level of confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, according to goals of the organization.
• Ability to interact with and understanding of persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, vacation, seniority raises and sabbatical for full-time employees.
To Apply: Email resume to email@example.com with Development Director in the subject.
New Florida Majority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, marital status, race, age, creed, national origin or the presence of disabilities. False or misleading statements during an interview and/or on the application form are grounds for terminating the application process or, if discovered after employment, terminating employment. A felony conviction will not necessarily bar an applicant from employment.