Location: Miami, Florida
Employment Type: Full-Time
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting and political power of marginalized and excluded constituencies toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of New Florida Majority’s human resources processes and providing administrative support. The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for streamlining administrative procedures. This position reports to the Chief of Staff.
- Responsible for implementation of personnel policies and procedures within the organization.
- Maintains personnel files and employee procedures manual.
- Administer employee health and wellness plans.
- Manage hiring process which includes posting job openings on various career outlets; screening applicants; communicating with applicants on hiring process in a timely manner.
- Act as a liaison between employees and Professional Employer Organiztion.
- Process and allocate payroll bi-weekly.
- Performs related work as required and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The ideal candidate is a highly organized and detail oriented with a high level of training and expertise in office procedures, clerical duties and interpersonal skills.
- Individual must share a commitment to the organization's mission; a 4-year degree from an accredited college/university or at least two (2) years of direct human resources related experience is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook Calendar, Excel and Microsoft Office; other miscellaneous data bases as required.
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state employee laws.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, ability to take initiative and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to prepare effective correspondence with regards to routine matters.
- Ability to maintain the utmost level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, according to goals of the organization.
- Ability to interact with and understanding of persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Knowledge of ADP is preferred.
How to Apply
In addition to a resume, please provide a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . References upon request.
Please put Broward Organizer in the subject line of your email.
The New Florida Majority is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.