Human Resources Coordinator
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting power and political influence of marginalized and excluded communities toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of New Florida Majority’s human resources processes and providing administrative support. The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for streamlining administrative procedures.
This position reports to the Chief of Staff.
Location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, vacation, seniority raises and sabbatical for full-time employees.
In addition to a resume, please provide a cover letter to email@example.com. References should be available upon request.
Please put “Human Resources Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
The New Florida Majority is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Responsible for implementation of personnel policies and procedures within the organization.
- Maintains personnel files and employee procedures manual.
- Administer employee health and wellness plans.
- Manage hiring process which includes posting job openings on various career outlets; screening applicants; communicating with applicants on hiring process in a timely manner.
- Act as a liaison between employees and Professional Employer Organization.
- Process and allocate payroll bi-weekly.
- Performs related work as required and other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate is a highly organized and detail oriented with a high level of training and expertise in office procedures, clerical duties and interpersonal skills.
- Individual must share a commitment to the organization’s mission; a 4-year degree from an accredited college/university or at least two (2) years of direct human resources related experience is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook Calendar, Excel and Microsoft Office; other miscellaneous data bases as required.
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state employee laws.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, ability to take initiative and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to prepare effective correspondence with regards to routine matters.
- Ability to maintain the utmost level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, according to goals of the organization.
- Ability to interact with and understanding of persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Knowledge of ADP is preferred.