Jacksonville Criminal Organizer
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting and political power of marginalized and excluded constituencies toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
The Jacksonville Criminal Justice Organizer will recruit, engage, activate and retain members, develop leaders, build community-based leadership teams, conduct political education trainings and execute criminal justice campaign strategy to build power to break the back of Jim Crow.
The Jacksonville Criminal Justice Organizer reports to the Criminal Justice Manager.
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, vacation, seniority raises and sabbatical for full-time employees..
In addition to a resume, please provide a cover letter email@example.com. References should be available upon request.
Please put “Jacksonville Criminal Justice Organizer” in the subject line of your email.
The New Florida Majority is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Drive efforts to build strong relationships and identify and develop leaders into clear membership roles. Timely and aggressive follow up with leads generated by field efforts including one-on-one meetings, house visits and other methods of grassroots outreach.
- Manage regular membership meetings with a standing agenda and supporting new leaders to facilitate meetings geared towards peer engagement and immediate activation.
- Create actions, trainings and mobilization opportunities in order to activate members and activists around NewFM’s criminal justice strategy.
- Mobilize and track engagement of members and activists at various events and field opportunities in database.
- Develop the political consciousness of the affiliate organizations’ leaders through popular education, reflection, leadership development and developing appropriate educational materials.
- Participate in building criminal justice coalitions and key relationships with campaign-related allies.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned organizer with experience running issue campaigns & building coalitions.
- Applicant must share strong commitment to NewFM’s mission & ability to draw others into NewFM’s work.
- Ability to develop and maintain a variety of relationships on multiple levels.
- Experience working in communities of color.
- Ability to interact with & understand people of various social, cultural, economic, & education backgrounds.
- Must be detail-oriented & able to meet deadlines.
- Reliable transportation.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish/Creole is preferred but not required.