Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Employment Type: Part-Time
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting and political power of marginalized and excluded constituencies toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
Job Description: The Office Manager is responsible for providing administrative services and operations support for NewFM’s Jacksonville office, as well as, support to regional offices. The Office Manager will lead in directing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This position reports to the Senior Program Director.
- Act as point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping supplies equipment and errands.
- Act as a gatekeeper of the office and provide general support to visitors.
- Manage office calendars by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and travel.
- Provide support to Senior Program Director and Department Directors/Leads as necessary with travel and meeting logistics.
- Plan and execute organizational and program meetings and events, which includes but is not limited to details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, managing invitee list, special guests, equipment, etc.
- Problem-solve and assist all staff, volunteers and guests with computer use, server files, internet connections, and other requests.
- Respond to requests from staff and members to use appropriate forms, supplies, procedures, travel and logistics
- Manage relationships with building management, vendors, & service providers
- Maintains office efficiency by overseeing office systems and procedures, and coordinating internal communications, and equipment procedures
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of organizational and program events
- Coordinate with Miami Office Manager and other offices for planning and events.
- Performs related work as required and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The ideal candidate is a highly organized and detail oriented with a high level of training and expertise in office procedures, clerical duties and interpersonal skills.
- The ideal candidate has 2-3 years of proven office management, administrative or assistant experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook Calendar, Excel and Microsoft Office; other miscellaneous data bases as required.
- Individual must share a commitment to the organization’s mission; Advanced education/training preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, ability to take initiative and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to prepare effective correspondence with regards to routine matters.
- Ability to maintain the utmost level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, according to goals of the organization.
- Ability to interact with and understanding of persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, vacation, seniority raises and sabbatical for full-time employees.