The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting and political power of marginalized and excluded constituencies toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
The Office Manager is responsible for providing administrative services and operations support for NewFM’s headquarter, as well as, support to regional offices. The Office Manager will lead in directing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This position reports to the Chief of Staff.
- Act as point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping supplies equipment and errands.
- Partner with Human Resources Coordinator to maintain office policies as necessary.
- Maintain and coordinate office meeting space calendar and events
- Plan and execute organizational meetings and events, which includes but is not limited to: details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, etc.
- Manage relationships with building management, vendors, & service providers
- Maintains office efficiency by overseeing office systems and procedures, and coordinating internal communications, and equipment procedures
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of organizational events
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Performs related work as required and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The ideal candidate is a highly organized and detail oriented with a high level of training and expertise in office procedures, clerical duties and interpersonal skills.
- Individual must share a commitment to the organization's mission; a 4-year degree from an accredited college/university is preferred.
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook Calendar, Excel and Microsoft Office; other miscellaneous data bases as required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, ability to take initiative and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to prepare effective correspondence with regards to routine matters.
- Ability to maintain the utmost level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, according to goals of the organization.
- Ability to interact with and understanding of persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, vacation, seniority raises and sabbatical for full-time employees.
How to Apply
In addition to a resume, please provide a cover letter to email@example.com . References upon request.
Please put Broward Organizer in the subject line of your email.
The New Florida Majority is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.