Location: Statewide position based out of Miami or Orlando preferred
Employment Type: 1 Year contract with Potential Renewal, Salary Position
Seven racial justice and membership-based organizations in Florida, will engage activist members and staff in a leadership development process to increase integration, consciousness and transformative leadership of our various issue-based efforts and our collective movement to transform Florida communities.
The Path to Power program is a set of popular education leadership trainings for organizations and leaders based in Florida. Our training approach consists of 4 elements including cross-sector solidarity, personal transformation in leadership, strategic organizing skills and developing a foundation in political analysis.
We are looking for a Visionary Director with a passion for leadership development and with outstanding management abilities to develop leadership development curriculum, lead implementation of multiple training sessions with a team of partners and staff, and support organizations in their leadership development projects. This position reports to State Partners with daily supervision by CF-JWJ Executive Director.
●Work closely with a work group (and with external consultant) to design and implement the State Alignment training program including curricula, materials, evaluation mechanisms and metrics.
● Develop Infrastructure that integrates the Leadership Development plan statewide with our Electoral,Organizing and Research programs that are connected to our 10 year strategic goals.
● Foster an environment of learning with partners that focuses on intersectional engagement across sectors and organizations.
● Identification, recruitment and development of a Statewide trainer team of 75 people.
● Leading efforts with partner groups to handle logistics, planning and executing Path to Power Trainings and convening in each region.
● Developing systems that supports the follow through and accountability of each partner organization; including developing goals and metrics to measure the program’s progress.
● Monitors/evaluates and reports on ongoing implementation of the plan and partners’ progress toward goals.
● Lead on the process of organizing grant proposals and reports for review by Statewide partners.
The ideal candidate will bring:
● At least 4 years of experience in community/labor organizing work.
● Solid Experience developing new leaders by way of relational organizing, doing trainings, and mentoring.
● Basic understanding of grant making process and procedures.
● Understanding of Organizing, Political and Movement Building theories + practices.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
● Strong consultation and Coaching abilities while working with partners.
● Energy and passion for cultivation of grassroots leaders at a state wide level.
● Able to Facilitate/conduct effective meetings and presentations.
● Ability to work some evenings/ weekends and overnight travel throughout the state.
● Highly organized with ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
● Demonstrated knowledge of gender, race and class analysis in a political and social context.
● Experience working in an environment with multiple partners and stakeholders strongly preferred.
● Excellent time management, organizational, and record keeping skills. Discipline in personal time management, self-motivation, accountability and responsibility.
Salary commensurate with experience. 57,000 to 65,500, depending on relevant work experience and education. CF-JwJ offers a benefit package including health insurance with dental/vision, life insurance, parental leave, and vacation.
To Apply: Applicants should email their resume with a list of leadership development/training experience and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline to apply is Thursday, March 20th 2020.
Central Florida Jobs with Justice is an equal opportunity employer. Women, LGBTQ+, people with disabilities and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.