Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Employment Type: Full-time
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting and political power of marginalized and excluded constituencies toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
The Program Assistant will provide a wide range of administrative and support services to the Senior Program Director and will occasionally support the New Florida Majority Program team. She/he will report directly to the Senior Program Director.
- Support the Senior Program Director with scheduling and calendar management.
- Support the Senior Program Director to implement administrative and operational requirements by coordinating employee orientation, training, and review processes.
- Log and route correspondence; process incoming and outgoing postal mail and email.
- Maintain key organizational lists, office records, building records and corporate archives
- Support Senior Program Director in the preparation of professional correspondence and handouts for NewFM governance and leadership bodies (i.e. Board of Directors, Senior Leadership Team and Directors)
- Ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff members; interprets request and helps to implement action.
- Facilitates communications internally and externally. Draft correspondence and prepare reports regarding activities for Senior Program Director.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality within the organization as well as Senior Program Director’s suite.
- Develops, organizes and conducts specialized research; prepares reports by collecting and analyzing relevant information.
- Arranges travel and meetings for the Senior Program Director and develop itineraries and agendas.
- Performs related work as required and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The ideal candidate is a highly organized and detail oriented seasoned executive assistant with a high level of training and expertise in office procedures, clerical duties and interpersonal skills.
- Applicant must share a commitment to the organization’s mission and have at least three (3) years of experience in a supporting role of Senior Management and/or administrative position with significant responsibility.
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook Calendar, Excel and Microsoft Word; other miscellaneous data bases as required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to take initiative and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Position will require the ability to travel locally and work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Extensive knowledge of standard office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to prepare effective correspondence with regards to routine matters.
- Maintain the utmost level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, according to goals of the organization.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage workflow of multiple critical issues within a continuously changing and adapting schedule for the Senior Program Director.
- Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to interact with and understanding of persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
Florida New Majority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, marital status, race, age, creed, national origin or the presence of disabilities. False or misleading statements during an interview and/or on the application form are grounds for terminating the application process or, if discovered after employment, terminating employment. A felony conviction will not necessarily bar an applicant from employment.