We are so glad you are joining us for the People’s Inauguration in Tallahassee. We are coming together with our partners to let the new administration know that most Floridians want a Florida for All, inclusive, safe and beautiful, and we reject DeSantis politics of division and fear.
Please read carefully the information below and be Tallahassee-ready!
- We will be staying in shared rooms at the Best Western Plus Hotel in Tallahassee (South Florida delegation) and in the Country Inn and Suites (Jacksonville delegation). If you need a single room, we will ask you to pay for the additional cost. Please email serena@newfloridamajority by Friday if you need a single room.
- Breakfast is included at the Hotel.
- We have a packed agenda for the two days we will be there, and it is expected that everyone participates, so please make sure to have breakfast early and follow the schedule included in this memo.
Sunday January 6th
- 11am-11:30am - Arrival to MOCA for Miami travelers
- 12pm (Sharp) - Departure (South Florida) MOCA - Plaza 770 NE 125th St. North Miami, FL 33161 (Parking available at 770 NE 124th St. Across from NM Police Station)
- 12:30-12:45 - Pickup at Pompano Beach Service Plaza
- 1:15-1:30 - Pickup at West Palm Beach Service Plaza
- 4:00-5:00 - Food Stop at Canoe Creek Service Plaza
- 9pm - Arrival at Hotel(s) NewFM: Best Western Plus 2727 Graves Rd. Tallahassee, FL 32303
Monday January 7th
- 7am Departure (Jacksonville travelers only) IBEW Hall 966 N. Liberty St. Jacksonville, FL (Hotel: Country Inn and Suites)
- 7-8:30am - Breakfast for NewFM Participants at Hotel
- 9am Departure/Pickup from Hotels
- 10am - Arrival at FAMU
- 10am-12pm – Unity Building – Why we are here
- 12pm – 1pm – Lunch
- 1pm – 4pm – Break out groups
- 5pm – Florida's People’s Assembly
- 8:30pm - Bus Departure back to hotels
Dinner and non-scheduled departures will be at expense to individuals
Tuesday January 8th
Please Checkout prior to boarding buses! Buses will not return to hotels.
- 7:00am Breakfast at Hotel
- 7:30am Departure for FAMU Prayer Vigil (Bus 1)
- 8:30am Departure for assembly at Kleman Plaza (Bus 2)
- 9:30am Assembly at Kleman Plaza (306 S. Duval St. Tallahassee, FL 32301)
- 10am Walk to Capitol Complex
- 10am-12pm Program
- 1pm Lunch @ Governor’s Square Mall
- 2:30pm Departure to SoFlo/Jax
- 7pm Dinner stop for South Florida Buses at nearest Service Plaza
- Drop offs at West Palm Beach and Pompano Beach Plazas (Announcements 45 minutes prior to arrival, so that riders can have their pickups notified)
- 11pm Arrival at MOCA Plaza
What to bring: Tallahassee is much colder than South Florida, and it’s expected to go down to the 40’s at night, so please bring layers and a coat.