Location: Miami, Florida
Employment Type: Full-time, Temporary
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting and political power of marginalized and excluded constituencies toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
The Volunteer Manager is responsible for recruiting, training and supervising the NewFM volunteer staff for the 2020 election cycle. The Volunteer Manager will execute strategies to attract, recruit, train, and empower and manage NewFM campaign volunteers to mobilize voters through a variety of tactics including direct voter contact methods, in-person events and media tools. The ideal candidate understands electoral campaigns, field operations, distributed and relational organizing, and civic engagement strategies.
● Implement strategies and build infrastructure to conduct volunteer management in targeted counties across Florida.
● Execute civic engagement plans and monitor progress towards measurable outcomes for participation at phone banks, text banks, door-to-door and crowd canvasses as well as at other voter-turnout/voter engagement activities.
● Ensure that volunteer teams are working in accordance with the campaign’s strategy and field plans.
● Document and monitor the progress towards programmatic goals and objectives.
● Support the Communications Team to develop messaging and implement materials for campaigns and field programs.
● Recruit, train, manage, elevate & empower volunteers within organized community teams.
● Utilize VAN and MiniVAN to cut turf, create lists, pull canvass results, as well as virtual phone banking and Predictive Dialer.
● Facilitate volunteer meetings including setting an agenda, leading the team through the meeting, and ensuring follow-up.
● Contribute to development of overall campaign strategy and strategic decision making.
Qualifications and Experience:
● Two or more cycles of field volunteer coordinating experience in campaigns with experience in Distributed Organizing.
● Computer skills: Intermediate experience with Voter Activation Network, word processing, spreadsheet, and multimedia presentation software.
● Demonstrated ability to execute campaign goals and objectives, to work effectively with local allies and leaders and carry out required objectives.
● Successful experience leading and managing diverse teams and working with ethnically and culturally diverse populations and will have intellectual drive, a progressive outlook to effectively conduct campaigns.
● Strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication, and organizational skills.
● Strong communication, interpersonal, motivational skills, work ethic, and desire for political change are essential.
● Background and commitment to social justice work and demonstrate a strong personal commitment to NewFM’s mission and values.
● Must be English/Spanish bilingual, other languages desirable.
● Prior knowledge and experience working in Florida and selected regions is a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance and vacation time.
To Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Volunteer Manager in the subject.
New Florida Majority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, marital status, race, age, creed, national origin or the presence of disabilities. False or misleading statements during an interview and/or on the application form are grounds for terminating the application process or, if discovered after employment, terminating employment. A felony conviction will not necessarily bar an applicant from employment.