Voter Registration Canvasser
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Employment Type: Temporary, Seasonal
Reports To: Canvass Lead
Hours: 30 hours per week (5 days per week, 6 hours per day)
New Florida Majority Education Fund is a 501(3) organization whose mission is to carry out educational and nonpartisan civic engagement activities in Black and Brown communities who typically are disengaged with the democratic process.
New Florida Majority Education Fund is looking people that have a passion for engaging marginalized and excluded communities in the political process. The position involves talking to many people in areas with heavy foot traffic, encouraging people to become more involved politically and ensuring everyone that is eligible to register is registered. This role is responsible for guiding community members that are eligible to register and are not registered, or who needs to update their registration on the process of accurately filling out a registration form.
- Develop and foster a relationship with the community directly, understand and encourage increased civic participation, whether it be through voting, volunteering or communicating to other people the importance of voting.
- Communicate information from the field to the captain and canvass lead that may be of importance to ensure we are able to register as many Floridians.
- Communicate with captains any field observations in due to time to ensure the success of registering people to vote, including identifying other potential hot spots.
- Representing the organization positively to the community and answering all questions in a non-partisan manner as required by law.
Key Qualification & Skills
- Mature, detail oriented, and adaptive personality
- Strong work ethic and commitment to honest productivity
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently for long hours while maintaining good judgment
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Ability to work outside in varying weather conditions.
- Conversational in Spanish; preferred but not required
- Willing to work long days and weekends
To apply for this position, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org