Location: Miami and Jacksonville
Employment Type: $15 an hour
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting power and political influence of marginalized and excluded communities toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida. We train residents to be leaders, mobilize communities around issues, and build our collective voting power so our democracy works for everyone.
The New Florida Majority is seeking a Program Intern that will help with the organization’s mission to to politcally empower marginalized communities. The position will provide students with an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in daily NewFM operations, with potential opportunities for special projects depending on the applicant’s skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help coordinate and assemble materials for issue based and political campaigns
- Assist with special event planning
- Provide support to program staff on special projects and initiatives
- Enter and edit data in our database
- Assist with general office tasks (filing, copying, organizing digital photos, etc.) as needed
Required Skills – applicants must have the following:
- Must have an appreciation for community service and political engagement
- Be a competent user of MS Office applications
- Incoming HS Senior, recent HS graduate or college undergraduate or graduate student is preferred
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter by June 15th to New Florida Majority, ATTN: Internship Position, 10800 Biscayne Blvd., Ste. 1050, Miami, FL 33161, or email application to email@example.com with Internship Position in subject line.
The New Florida Majority is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.